- Education and Community Outreach. During home games throughout the season, Swedish physicians, nurses and caregivers would staff educational and interactive tables to inform attendees about our various health care services. Thank you to the following groups who participated this season. They include providers from weight loss, urology, pediatrics, behavioral health, ENT and audiology, cancer, primary care, and Rehabilitation & Performance Medicine (sports medicine, pain management, and bone health), as well as caregivers from human resources and the Swedish LGBTQI+ program.
- Storm Out Cancer. Swedish Cancer Institute hosted a “Storm Out Cancer” night in July to raise awareness about the importance of early cancer screening and prevention. As part of the initiative, the Storm Foundation presented a $20,000 check to the Swedish Cancer Institute’s Patient Assistance Fund during a game.
- Sue Bird's Retirement. Caregivers participated in a farewell video for WNBA legend Sue Bird as she heads into retirement after spending her 21-year career with the Seattle Storm.
- Community Events. Rehabilitation & Performance Medicine physicians and nurses volunteered at the Storm Youth Basketball Camp in August, funded by the Basketball Equity Program.
- Community Group Support. Swedish and the Storm will be partnering to support a community group during the off-season that focus on opportunities for Black, Indigenous, and people of color youth.
- Storm Honorary Coaches. We’re pleased to partner with the Seattle Storm to highlight women leaders and members of our community doing amazing work as Honorary Coach for a game. Swedish has honored many deserving caregivers and community members since our partnership began in 2016.
- Doppler Wellness Tour. Beginning this winter during the off season, Doppler, the Seattle Storm mascot, will be visiting our campuses to bring smiles to caregivers and patients.
Swedish remains very proud of our partnership with the Storm. In addition to supporting our amazing WNBA team, it has provided opportunities for Swedish and our caregivers to connect with the community and increase the awareness of our health care services, especially with women and children.
Check out the excitement at a Seattle Storm game!