Everyone is impacted by cancer at some point in their lives, either as a patient, family member or friend. Cancer Lifeline helps thousands of people each year cope with cancer through our FREE support groups, classes in nutrition, exercise, creative expression, stress reduction, family dynamics and personalized emotional support through our telephone Lifeline and instant messaging platform, Lifeline Chat. Cancer Lifeline also provides direct financial assistance and resource information. Programs are open to patients from diagnosis through treatment, survivors, families, and friends.
What’s happening with Cancer Lifeline during the pandemic?
Cancer Lifeline hit the ground running in response to COVID-19. All of our support groups and classes are being held virtually through ZOOM. Check out some of our upcoming offerings:
- COVID-19 & Cancer: Addressing Concerns Regarding the Treatment of Oncology Patients
- Asking for Help: Tools & Strategies
- Balancing Family & Cancer
- Changing Bodies: Coping with the Physical & Emotional Impacts of Cancer Treatment
- Combating Chemo Brain
- Foods to Fight Fatigue
- Life in Survivorship
- Gentle Exercise classes
- Support groups for patients, caregivers, young adults, metastatic cancer, and many more!
What are the benefits of participating in Cancer Lifeline programs?
- Support for the whole person including emotional, mental, and physical health
- Connecting with others who “get it” and having a community of support
- Take away tools that empower you to make personalized decisions
- Strategies for managing transitions around work and treatment
- Personalized support for families navigating a cancer diagnosis
“I really am loving the ZOOM option as it has really opened up so many more opportunities particularly when I’m stuck at home with a compromised immune system.”
“Thank you for all the wonderful online support groups and classes during the coronavirus crisis!”
“The professionalism and knowledge about the cancer experience was shared in a warm and welcoming way – I learned a lot, and it was so helpful”
“These classes have been a real lifeline for me”
Connect with us!
Call our telephone Lifeline at 800-255-5505 or connect through our Lifeline Chat Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Visit www.cancerlifeline.org to register for upcoming classes and find out more about how we can support you.