"When someone is going through treatment, what's most important to them at that moment is how they're going to survive--how they're going to pay their bills, put food on the table for their kids, and how they're going to get to treatments. Northwest Hope & Healing provides an answer for all of that." – cancer survivor and grant recipient Marguerite Lynch
Founded in 2000, Northwest Hope & Healing is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that exists to provide immediate financial assistance to local women and men undergoing breast or gynecologic cancer treatment, as well as signature “Gift Boxes” as a hallmark of comfort and support, reminding patients that they are not alone.
Funds can be directly and immediately applied towards everyday living expenses such as child care, groceries, utilities, reliable transportation to and from treatment, or emergency rent.
10,000 Healing Gift Boxes and $2 million in financial support have been provided to patients and their families in need. Gift boxes are available at the SCI Education Centers, and a member of the SCI Social Work team would be happy to provide more information about funds available.
Northwest Hope & Healing is run by one full-time employee, an all-volunteer board, and a veritable sea of volunteers and donors. Here's how you can help make a difference:
• Donate: visit their website at www.nwhopeandhealing.org
• Share Your Talents: whether it's catered food or wine for a fundraiser, useful items for Healing Gift Boxes, printing services for educational materials, or other professional services, we're always looking for in-kind donations that help us achieve our mission.
• Volunteer: help out at our annual "Cork, Fork, Support" wine tasting fundraiser, have fun and feel good supporting a great cause!
• Collect and Assemble: contact local companies to collect donated items for our gift boxes, and/or host an employee morale event to assemble them.
• Sponsor: become a corporate sponsor for one of our events. Demonstrate your support and allow us to promote your company