- 1/1 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP chopped garlic
- 1/2 cups white wine
- 2 cans diced tomatoes in juice
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Fresh Rosemary leaves chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans Great Northern or Cannellini beans – drained and rinsed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and saut� until lightly browned. Pour in the white wine, and reduce by half to insure alcohol is burned off. Pour in the tomatoes with juice, and season with red pepper flakes, rosemary thyme, and the bay leaf. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Pour in the beans, and simmer for another 20 minutes or so, until the ragu is thickened and flavors have blended. Remove the bay leaf and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper before serving. Serves 6
Makes a great hot dip with pita , over crusty bread or can be served as a side instead of baked beans!