This salad offers a balanced mix of both sweet and salty, with soft and crunchy. A perfect fall recipe chalk full of flavor and variety. Throw together in no-time with an easy homemade vinaigrette.
Total cook time: 12 minutes
- 2 bags of spring mix greens
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 1 large red apple cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp. minced green onions
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add your mixed greens to a large bowl.
- Add your salad ingredients and toss gently.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the green onion, garlic, and balsamic vinegar in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk the olive oil in until emulsified.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing, toss to coat and serve immediately.
Adapted from The Food Café
About the AuthorMore Content by Swedish Nutrition Team