Our bodies are made up of 60+% water, thus, we need to put quality liquids into our bodies every day. Water is an important component of just about every function that takes place within us, it’s the major part of our saliva, waste, it cushions and lubricates brain and joint tissue. It transports nutrients and carries waste away from body cells, and it helps regulate body temperature
When you do not get enough water in our systems, we get headaches, light headed and muscle cramps. Most people need two to three quarts of water per day, those with other medical conditions need even more.
When we drink enough water, we flush out toxins, we get more energy and our bodies run at optimum levels.
Take the hydration challenge this week and drink at least eight cups of water a day. Here are some tips:
- Have a glass of water or juice when you wake up.
- Drink a cup of water after every time you go to the bathroom.
- Keep water at your work station, you can add a little juice to make it more palatable.
- Use the color of your urine to determine how hydrated you are. The clearer the better, If you take vitamins, it’s okay to be yellow.
- For every beverage that contains caffeine, drink the same amount of water to maintain your ph balance.
If you do this for a week and feel better, encourage a friend, family or co-worker to try it.
How do you stay hydrated? Share you favorite tips & tricks with us below.